Muesli is a ready-to-eat cereal consisting of a base of oats and whole grains mixed with variety of ingredients including nuts, seeds, dried fruits, and sweets. It is a popular breakfast food worldwide, particularly in Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. It is a versatile cereal that is consumed in many ways. It can be soaked in milk, water, or juice and eaten cold. It can be cooked in boiling water or milk and eaten like traditional oatmeal. It can be added to yogurt, fruit salads, or used in baking recipes. We encourage you to freshen up your muesli with fruit from your local farmers.
For more on how to prepare muesli, check out How to Eat Muesli
Health benefits of muesli:
- Raw, unprocessed ingredients, offering you food as nature intended it to be.
- Whole grains provide valuable energy-rich carbohydrates, B-complex vitamins, iron, and cholesterol-fighting soluble fiber.
- Dried fruits are rich in antioxidants, vitamin A, and immune-boosting vitamin C.
- Fruits will also provide a natural sweetness making your muesli delicious.
- Nuts and seeds provide protein, omega-3 oils along with several antioxidants and vitamins.
All these ingredients together make muesli one of the most complete foods you can eat.