While we make our muesli’s as delicious as possible, creating variety can keep your mornings interesting and fresh. There are so many great additions that you can put in your muesli to create a flavor unique to your liking.
SPICE UP YOUR MUESLI
One great choice to put in your muesli is different spices. They have lots of flavor, are easy to add with little calories and have a considerable amount of health benefits.
- Cinnamon has been shown to regulate blood sugar, which is very advantageous to people with Type 2 diabetes. Sprinkling some on your morning bowl of muesli everyday could also help lower LDL (or bad) cholesterol.
- Nutmeg can help to ease stomachache pain and regulate your GI tract. Sprinkling some in your bowl of muesli can assist in relieving you of any excess gas and any other related problems such as constipation and bloating.
- Cocoa Powder is very rich in flavanols, which are powerful antioxidants. The flavanols are able to decrease blood pressure, which in turn can reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke.
GOT A SWEET TOOTH?
- Honey is a natural ingredient that will not only sweeten up your muesli but will give you that extra energy boost to get your day started. It also has antioxidant and anti-bacterial attributes that build up your immune system and help you stay healthy.
- Maple syrup can be another sweet addition to your breakfast muesli. This high in zinc additive can help protect your heart from atherosclerosis (or hardening of the arteries) and is a natural antioxidant as well.
Which flavors do you like together? Mix and match and let us know how you like to eat your muesli!