No Bake Muesli Bars
- 12 oz. medjool dates, pitted (about 2 cups)
- 2½ cups muesli
- dark chocolate, melted (optional)
- sea salt flakes (optional)
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with warm water. Let soak for about 10 minutes, then drain.
- Line an 8”x8” pan with parchment paper, leaving extra paper hanging over the edge (to lift the bars out with)
- Pulse dates in a food processor until thick & smooth and only small pieces remain.
- Add muesli and pulse until blended.
- Press muesli mixture firmly into pan, smoothing out the top.
- Place in freezer to chill.
- Once chilled, remove from pan and cut into slices
- Spread a layer of chocolate on the top and sprinkle with salt.
- Let chocolate harden and place bars in an air-tight container or freezer bag (make sure to add wax or parchment paper between bars so they don’t stick together).
- Store in freezer. My bars never froze in the freezer, they stayed pretty soft, freezing simply helps to keep the shape a little better