Like most bread recipes, muesli bread takes some time, patience, and precision to get right. But it can be so delicious. Muesli will add flavorful and nutritious nuts, seeds, and dried fruits.
Athlete Fuel Muesli Bread
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 cups Muesli Fusion Athlete Fuel (or any other Muesli Fusion mixture)
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 1½ cups boiling water
- 2 cups scaled milk
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup gluten flour
- 1 – 2 cups unbleached flour
- Place the yeast in the warm water to soften.
- Place the Muesli Fusion, honey, salt, and butter in a large bowl. Add the boiling water and scalded milk and stir well. Cool to lukewarm.
- Add one cup of the wheat flour to the Muesli Fusion mixture and mix well. Stir in the softened yeast. Add the remaining wheat flour, the gluten flour, and enough white flour to make a soft dough. Turn the dough onto a breadboard, cover with a cloth, and let the dough rise for 10 minutes. Knead the dough for 8 – 10 minutes until it is smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1½ hours.
- Punch down the dough, divide in half, shape into oblong loaves, and place into greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans. Cover and let rise until almost double (45 – 60 minutes).
- Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 35-40 minutes, until nicely browned. Let the loaves cool on a rack. Remove loaves from pan; wrap well and store in a cool place.