Milky Way Muesli Bars with Cranberries
A delicious treat from Kathryn at Tasty Treats. (note: Converted from metric measurements. The metric conversion of a UK Mars bar is a Milky Way)
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4oz unsalted butter
- 3 Milky Way bars
- 4 cups Berry Burst muesli
- 8oz dark or milk chocolate
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- In a saucepan on a low heat, gently melt the butter and broken up Milky Way bars. Don’t worry if it looks like the Milky Way bars aren’t melting properly, just get a wooden spoon or whisk, and stir well. Meanwhile, break up the dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl. Melt the chocolate by placing the heatproof bowl on a saucepan over a medium heat with some boiling water in it. The steam rising from the bubbling water will gently melt the chocolate.
- When the Milky Way and butter mixture is melted, pour on to the muesli and mix well, until all the muesli is coated with the mixture. Turn this out on to a tray covered with grease proof paper, and spread out well, making the mixture as compact as possible. Pour the melted dark chocolate over the Milky Way and muesli, top with dried cranberries and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Make a pot of tea, sit down with your favourite chums, and ENJOY!