Super Muesli, sweet vanilla, and dark chocolate make these protein bars quite deceiving. While they taste quite decadent, they are jam-packed with healthy, nutrient-dense ingredients. Healthy fats from coconut, hemp seeds, almonds, and chia seeds, and a high protein content make these bars incredibly nourishing.
Perfect for pre-workout, post workout, or an afternoon snack, these bars are sure to suit your macronutrient needs, as well as your taste buds.
The best thing about them, aside from the taste, of course, is that they don’t require an oven! Here we are in the dog days of summer, when the very last thing we want to do is heat up the house by cranking up the oven. Luckily these bars require the exact opposite – a little freezer action. Make your very own homemade protein bars with healthy ingredients and no funky preservatives or fillers.
No Bake Super Muesli Protein Bars
- 1 large, ripe, mashed banana
- ¼ c. coconut oil, melted
- ¼ c. almond butter
- 2 tbsp. milk (or non dairy milk)
- 2 c. Super Muesli
- 110 grams (about 4-5 scoops) of vanilla whey protein powder
- 3 ounces high quality dark chocolate
- In a large bowl, mix the banana, coconut oil, almond butter, and milk together until combined.
- Add the protein powder and muesli and mix until combined.
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Press the mixture firmly into the pan, smooth, and place in freezer for at least 2 and up to 4 hours.
- When the bars are firm (and cold!) cut into 3 inch squares.
- Optional: melt the dark chocolate in the microwave, and dip one side of the bar into the chocolate for a chocolate coating.
- Store the bars in the freezer.
- Wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap for a quick and easy grab-and-go snack!