Cocoa Muesli Protein Bars – GF and Vegan!
Recipe Type: Snack
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can also use skim milk or any unsweetened non-dairy milk)
- 3 tbsp honey or agave
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Cocoa Cherry Chia Muesli
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, or full almonds roughly chopped (measure after chopping)
- 1/4 cup puffed quinoa
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional, will increase amount of sugar in bars)
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium-large bowl and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Mix remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl. When evenly mixed throughout, slowly add dry ingredients to bowl of wet ingredients, making sure everything gets evenly incorporated. Mixture should be pretty wet, but if you think it looks too wet, feel free to add about a tablespoon of flour.
- Ideally you will use an 8×8 or 9×9 pan for these bars. Spray your pan with oil and press the batter tightly into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking at the 20 minute mark to see how done they are. You will want them to be firm in the middle, and to look dry.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a bit before removing from pan. Let cool completely to room temperature before cutting into bars…it should make about 8!
- Keep in an airtight container, or individually wrap the bars in saran wrap, and keep in fridge. Should keep for about a week.