No-Bake Muesli Bars
Knowing what goes into your food (and body) is the first step towards living a healthy lifestyle. Many of the snack bar options available at the grocery store contain added sugars and preservatives that your body doesn’t need or want. By just taking a small amount of time out of your weekend, you could prepare your upcoming week’s healthy snacks so that you know exactly what you’re putting into your body.
- 12 oz. medjool dates, pitted (about 2 cups)
- 2 1/2 cups muesli (I used Antioxidant)
- dark chocolate, melted
- sea salt flakes
- Place dates in a bowl and cover with warm water. Let soak for about 10 minutes, then drain.
- While dates soak, line an 8”x8” pan with parchment paper, leaving extra paper hanging over the edge (to lift the bars out with), set aside.
- Pulse dates in a food processor (make sure they are pitted!) until thick & smooth (like a thick jam) and only small pieces remain. You will probably need to scrape the bowl down a few times during pulsing and can thin out with water if needed.
- Add muesli and pulse until blended.
- Press muesli mixture firmly into prepared pan, smoothing out the top.
- Place in freezer to chill.
- Once chilled, remove from pan and cut into slices. Dip slices into melted dark chocolate (I just spread a layer of chocolate on the top of mine) and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
- Let chocolate harden and place bars in an air-tight container or freezer bag (make sure to add wax or parchment paper between bars so they don’t stick together).
- Store in freezer. My bars never froze in the freezer, they stayed pretty soft. Freezing simply helps to keep their shape a little better.